IOM International Chess Limited is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy explains when, how, and why we collect personal data about people.
Who we are
IOM International Chess Limited is an Isle of Man registered company number 015704V, registered address 6th Floor, Victory House, Prospect Hill, Douglas, Isle of Man, IM1 1EQ. The company organises an annual international chess tournament in the Isle of Man (Masters, Major and Minor sections) and, for 2019, is the organiser of the FIDE Chess.com Grand Swiss tournament, to be held 8 - 22 October.
How we collect your information
The information we obtain about players is either provided by them directly or from the website of FIDE (World Chess Federation). We do not collect personal data simply as a result of a person visiting our website.
How your information is used
The personal data we obtain is applied for the following purposes, namely to:
- Identify players on the FIDE website who will potentially be offered places in the FIDE Chess.com Grand Swiss.
- Confirm the names of players in the starting-line up of the FIDE Chess.com Grand Swiss, to be displayed on the tournament website (iominternationalchess.com) and to aid registration of players.
- Accept entries to play in the Major and Minor sections of the Isle of Man International Chess Tournament, to be displayed on the tournament website and to aid registration of players.
- Where applicable, issue invitation letters for UK visa purposes.
- Submit results of games played to FIDE and the English Chess Federation for rating/grading purposes.
- Communicate with players regarding organisational matters, such as accommodation, transport, tournament schedule and regulations etc.
- Pay prize money and (where applicable) fixed-fees and travel allowances.
Consistently with this, the contact details provided to us by players (or their representatives) may be used to contact them by e-mail, telephone or mail for the purposes of their participation in the relevant tournament.
We will hold personal data for up to three months after the end of the tournament.
This data is held pursuant to the legitimate interests of IOM International Chess Limited which is the basis on which your data as set out is processed.
Who can access information
Unless required by law, we do not sell, rent or otherwise share personal data with other third parties.
Players can ask for a copy of the data we hold about them. If a player’s representative provides information about the player, it is the representative’s responsibility to ensure that the player has given their explicit consent to the processing of their personal data.
Should you have any unresolved complaints about the way we process your personal data, you have the right to make a formal complaint to the Isle of Man Information Commissioner(https://www.inforights.im/).
Links to other websites
Review of this policy